User Experience Sydney
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented UX/UI to be part of the team building Australia's most popular and high-profile mobile apps.
We’re looking for someone who shares our passion for mobile, who can help us turn good ideas into intuitive, effective and engaging mobile experiences for users.
As a UX/UI Designer you will be an integral part of the design team at Outware Mobile. You will have the opportunity to learn from a hugely experienced and supportive team, and to develop designs with an award winning team.
Your role will see you working alongside a wide ranging team of business analysts, other UX and visual designers and developers to undertake requirements gathering, perform research, create amazing wireframes and then support the delivery teams to see your designs come to life.
Work with clients to gather and understand the design requirements of a project
Work with our experienced UX team to produce beautiful and intuitive app designs based on their detailed wireframes
Present designs to clients and stakeholders, collaborate with clients to produce finished device ready artwork
Work with our development team to understand the implementation details and dependencies for visual designs
Work with QA teams to ensure designs are implemented correctly
Become proficient with Outware Mobile's design and project tracking tools
Relevant skills and experience we are looking for :
- Passion for UI and UX design, mobile technology and emerging tools
- Previous experience (examples) in UX design (any mobile design experience is highly advantageous)
- Previous experience (examples) designing visual interfaces - (any mobile design experience is highly advantageous)
- Knowledge and understanding of user centred design process fundamentals and methodologies
- A basic understanding for mobile platform specific design guidelines
- Passionate about creating great wireframes, rich interactions and high quality deliverables
- A strong desire to solve usability related challenges and find the most innovative solution to a problem
- Knowledge of Sketch and Photoshop
- Solid design skills based on expert knowledge of fundamental design principles, colour theory and typography
- Relevant formal qualification/degree in Design or Computer Science
Soft skills and qualities we are looking for in a successful candidate :
- Motivated, professional and super eager to learn
- Opinionated yet humble
- Ability to provide and take constructive criticism
- Excellent people skills & collaborative attitude
- Ability to work at high speed, multi-task, and manage multiple projects at once
Benefits of working at Outware
- Improve and develop your mobile skills on high profile and important projects
- Be part of a creative and passionate team that loves technology
- Be supported by friendly and experienced colleagues that can help you progress your career
- Work from a great central location in Sydney city, close to public transport and cafes
- Join a team that is committed to being a great place to work
As part of your application you must include:
- CV (maximum 3 pages)
- Examples of design work, PDF/web link
We are after someone who is passionate about mobile technology and the future of the industry. If your mobile experience is limited, we are always keen to see side projects you’ve worked on.
You must be a permanent resident or have appropriate work rights in Australia to be considered for this role. Strictly no agencies please.