Senior QA Lead - Mobile Apps
Quality Assurance Melbourne
Become part of the Outware family: join our passionate team and challenge yourself to achieve bigger and better things.
Outware Mobile are award-winning developers of apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Windows devices. Our experienced team of developers work with organisations of all sizes to produce apps that are innovative and easy-to-use, delivered on-time and on-budget. Founded and run by developers, we strive for technical excellence and understand how to make great software. This is why we are Australia's premier mobile app development team.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced, dynamic and proactive Senior QA Team Lead to join our team. You will work with our QA, Development and UX teams and ensure that all app releases are thoroughly tested before release to clients. You'll need an eye for detail and be process oriented.
- Provide overall site leadership being a Quality Assurance to both Internal teams and enterprise clients
- Devise, architect, propose automation/manual test solutions to various mobile/web/api projects
- Provide thought leadership in the areas of Testing/Test Automation to our enterprise clients and assist in realisation of the solutions
- Co-ordinate test team resourcing and work effectively with project managers and stakeholders
- Contribute to overall Test Strategy and devise well-structured and organised test plans and summaries
- Recruit, nurture, develop career plans and progression for the QA team
- Strategic headcount planning, realisation of higher resource utilisation, overall QA team alignment to the vision and mission of the organisation
- Become proficient with Outware Mobile’s agile processes for producing quality software
- Subject matter expert in test automation, tools and testing processes
- Team Coordinator/Test Lead/Test manager experience
- Experience in preparation of Test Plans, Test Summary Reports, regular progress reports.
- Experience in working in Agile team and knowledge about reviewing and writing acceptance scenarios
- Experience with different Defect Tracking tools : Jira, Quality Centre etc
- Experience with BDD tools such as Serenity and/or Cucumber
- Understanding of version control and management systems
- Experience in working with known continuous integration and continuous delivery platforms (Bamboo, Jenkins)
- Understanding of RESTful APIs and services
- Understanding of Cloud based device labs - such as Xamarin, AWS Device Farm
- Extensive experience in a QA & Testing domain
- Passionate about Software Quality and testing best practices
- Excellent people management skills & collaborative attitude
- Experience delivering projects in fast paced digital, web or IT industries
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work at high speed, multi-task, and manage multiple projects at once
- Friendly, passionate, professional, self-motivated
- Enthusiastic and a pleasure to be around
Benefits of working at Outware
- Improve and develop your mobile skills on high profile projects
- Be part of a creative and passionate team that loves technology
- Be supported by friendly and experienced colleagues that can help you progress your career
- Join a team that is committed to being a great place to work
- Work from a great central location close to public transport and cafes
Please note - You must be a permanent resident or have appropriate work rights in Australia to be considered. Strictly no agencies.